Sunday, November 13, 2011
Workshop Notes :: Writing Sex with Deilah Marvelle
• Have a plan with your love scene. What are you digging for in that love scene – kinky, steamy, rough, soft, emotional, make-up…what?
• Do a sexual arc for your characters. This is reflected in love scenes. Who are they and how do they relate to their partner.
• Be original. Don’t worry about writing the perfect love scene. They don’t always need a bed, to be completely naked.
• Use the language the character would use. Just because they are having sex, doesn’t mean they have a different background
• The end result is not the climax itself, but what the reader takes away from the scene once the climax is over.
Dialogue in a sex scene has one person – to express mutual desire and affection. Talk, look, be dirty. Humor is always helpful, makes things pop.
Erotic Inspirations – erotic photography (these images are from Duclerck free erotic magazine)
Love scenes should be a 3some not a 2some the writer should be that involved
Be a sensualist, find your inner French girl, slow your thoughts down and bring out those moments, make it special.