Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Favorite Romance Blogs?

Posted by: Susan Lute
Currently Working On: Short contemporary romance revisions, and the initial phase of a single title contemporary romance, getting non-fiction book ready to send to agent.
Mood: Feeling pretty darn good.

I would love to say something clever and post a cool picture or two (you'll also notice I'm link challenged), but the truth is, discussing my favorite romance blogs is a bit of a sticky wicket for me. You see, I don’t often visit many blogs. For me, it’s a time management issue. I either get to spend time on the internet, or time writing :)

That being said, it turns out this blog, is my favorite. I laugh often, learn new things, get to catch up with my fellow authors. I also really like Delilah Marvelle’s blog, http://www.delilahmarvelle.blogspot.com/. She only posts twice a month; good planning I’d say from a time management point of view, and I love her historical references. I’ve visited Jane Porter’s blog, http://www.janeporter.com/janeblog/. She’s always interesting. Look where her writing has taken her. ODD MOM OUT is being made into a movie in which she has a cameo role. Very cool. I have on occasion been known to visit agent Jessica Foust’s blog, http://bookendslitagency.blogspot.com/. There’s a woman who knows her industry. And, if you catch the Knight Agency blog, http://knightagency.blogspot.com/, during the Sundance Film Festival, some exciting stuff goes on there.

So, though I’d love to say, I'm a blog slut, it’s probably better that I just keep writing. On my own website www.susanlute.com, I call it “Let’s talk”. Less formal than a blog, and if I post only once or twice a month, you’ll know it’s because I’ve had my nose buried in my current manuscript.

Until next month, chiao!

5 comments:

Genene Valleau, writing as Genie Gabriel said...

Thank goodness, Su! Now I won't feel so lonely when it's my turn to blog about this topic and I don't have much to add. But I also have a few weeks to come up with some "favorites." LOL!

I do like the way Delilah posts a couple times a month. Hmm. If I put that on my schedule, I might be able to manage that also!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your honesty and humor. I have slutty times and virginal times (can you be a virgin after being a slut?). That is I go into this space of reading lots and lots of blogs for maybe a week (usually after finishing a book) or two to catch up. Then I start the next manuscript and become a blog virgin again, not letting anyone seduce me.

Susan said...

LOL! Genene, this was a hard topic for me for sure, and you can see I didn't trust the link process. It didn't seem to be working. I need a dialog bubble that says, "link working, lady!" during the composing stage :)

Delilah, I like your ramblings. Oh, and btw, I have to force myself to put MISTRESS OF PLEASURE down, so I can get some sleep and go to work with my mind not blurred from reading all night :) Fabulous book, girl.

Maggie, thanks. It's always a challenge for me, how to make my entries interesting. I like your idea of virgin to slut and back to virgin. Wouldn't that be interesting down at the gyn's office :)

Jessa Slade said...

Virgin/whore is a matter of mindset and shoes. And you can change both, so you go, Susan!

Susan said...

Thanks Jessa... And don't I love my shoes :) Your turn next.